Game: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - The 7th Stand User
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Version 2.48 (7thjojo)
- Version 2.5.3 (Yellowcardinals)
- Version 2.5.3 (Yellowcardinals RTP included version)
- Fix for Version 2.5.3 (KKM)
- Version 2.6 (KKM)
Concept & Development: NendoTairiku (http://clayman.net)
Music: Nihon Hakei by Kenji (http://nihonhakei.com/)
Maou Damashii (http://maoudamashii.jokersounds.com/)
Pixel Artwork: 16dot (http://r-mugendou.com/ura/item/)
English Translation: Maud Duke (http://7thjojo.tumblr.com/), yellowcardinals (https://yellowcardinals.tumblr.com/), chaosanon (https://chaosanontranslate.tumblr.com/), KKM
1. The font looks all squished!
Download the font files here, then install them by unzipping the file, double clicking on each font file, and pressing install.
If installing them normally doesn’t work, go to your computer's fonts folder, delete any copies of the font that are already in there, and extract the zipped fonts into the fonts folder manually.
If that doesn’t do the trick, your file system may be corrupted. Go into the command prompt, type “chkdsk c: /f”, say yes to it running on next boot, and restart your computer.
Also, if you’re running the game in Applocale, don’t do that.
2. I get a window saying "Run time package not found. Install RTPe.exe" whenever I try to run the game!
Download the RPG Maker 2000 run time package here, then install it on your computer.
If installing the RTP doesn't work, try running the game through EasyRPG.
3. The game crashed all of a sudden with a read access violation/file not found/gibberish error message!
First of all, make sure you have the most recent download of the game - older downloads are missing a lot of fixes. If you have version 2.45, you can download a patch that fixes game-stopping bugs here.
If redownloading doesn't fix the issues, send a bug report to the #7th-stand-bugs-and-errors channel on the 7th Stand User Wiki Discord.
4. The music won't play!
In Windows 7 and above, simply right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and click "Open Volume Mixer", then make sure that RPG_RT.exe isn't muted as Skype and other programs have a nasty tendency of fiddling with it. In all other versions of Windows, go to Sound and Audio Devices in the Control Panel and select Sound Playback under the Audio tab. Click "Volume..." and increase the volume tab labeled SW Synth. If you still aren't hearing music, see below.
5. The music is playing, but it's just the drum track/is off key!
MIDI music isn't supported well in new versions of Windows. CoolSoft's VirtualMIDISynth should fix the problem. If the default soundfont still has issues, then you can download a free one from the CoolSoft website.
Actually, even if your music plays fine, you may want to do this anyway as the default MIDI instruments are very simplistic and can be improved greatly by using a higher quality GM soundfont. This gameplay video will give you an idea of how the BGM sounds with the NTONYX 32MB Stereo Set.
6. I get a window saying "DirectDraw Error(DDERR_UNSUPPORTED)" whenever I try to run the game!
Some video cards don't like the way that RPG Maker handles full-screen mode. There's an easy step-by-step guide to fix this issue here. (http://imgur.com/a/eJu3C) If that doesn't solve the problem, you can always download RPG Maker 2000 (link not provided) and run the game in test mode through the editor.
7. Is there a way to run the game on Mac?
One way to play RPG Maker games on Mac is through an emulator such as Parallels or Boot Camp. Though it would be easier use Wine to run it if you don't already have a Windows emulator set up.
8. Is there a way to disable fullscreen mode?
Pressing F4 during gameplay will toggle windowed mode, and pressing F5 when in windowed mode will toggle the game's resolution between 640x480 and 320x240.
9. The game is lagging!
Running the game in Windowed mode and switching to 320x240 resolutions using the above instructions in question 5 can help the game run smoother. Changing your display from True Color to High Color/16-bit in the Control Panel can also help greatly.
10. The arrow keys won't work/my character is moving in random directions!
Unplug any joypads, external mice, or other peripherals and try pressing one of the arrow keys on the keyboard or numpad. If you don't regain control of your character, restart your computer with all peripherals disconnected.
11. My saves vanished or crash on loading...
RPG Maker 2000 has a rare bug where it will sometimes delete or corrupt saves seemingly at random. As a result, it's highly recommended that you periodically back up your saves (the files in the game folder labeled Save0*.lsd) in a separate folder.
12. Can I play this game even if I haven't read all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?
This game is designed so that fans who haven't read past Stardust Crusaders can enjoy it without fear of spoilers. Some characters may make appearances, and there are some textual references to later parts, but no significant plot points are revealed.
As for people who haven't read JoJo's at all, reading Part 3 is highly recommended, but not necessary - just be aware that as the game follows the original story relatively closely, spoilers are a given.
13. When does my nickname get used?
Party members will start to use your nickname once they reach the required amount of Friendship Points (10). You can check Friendship Points using the radio.
14. When or where can I change my stand cry?
After reaching at least level 30 with your player character and another party member, attaining 10 FP with that party member, and using the radio with that character in the party, it will be noted that you can use "Combination Attacks." After that happens, entering the "Personalize" section in the radio's options will allow you to choose your Stand cry.
Note, however, that enabling King Crimson in some versions of the game causes a bug that makes this feature unavailable.
15. What are the differences between each version?
- Version 2.48: An English translation of the game by Maud Duke.
- Version 2.5.3: An update of Maud Duke's version 2.48 translation that adds features that were added to the game after version 2.48, such as Chaos Mode.
- Version 2.5.3 RTP Included Version: Same as version 2.5.3, but with the RTP (run time package that is required to run the game) included.
- Version 2.5.3 Fix: Same as version 2.5.3, but fixes some events and adds some quality of life features.
- Version 2.6: Most up-to-date version of the game. Includes quality of life features from Version 2.5.3 Fix.
16. What is Chaos Mode?
Chaos Mode is a Postgame Bonus, unlockable after beating the game five times and holding the maximum amount of money. After purchasing the Chaotic Key from the Developer's Room, you'll be able to enable Chaos Mode when you start your next New Game+. Chaos Mode introduces many random events and alternate paths to the game's story, ranging from dialogue changes all the way up to brand new party members.
Copyright (C)2006-2019 NendoTairiku. All rights reserved.