|Japanese Name||レッド・ガーランド (Reddo Gaarando)|
|Namesake||William "Red" Garland (jazz musician)|
|User (Default Name)||赤塚 (Akatsuka)|
"Clothed in red armor, this warrior Stand uses its fists as a weapon. Its punches can knock people silly, incapacitating them temporarily. Its incredible offensive power is offset by disappointingly low accuracy… However, in terms of sheer strength, few Stands can match it." (In-Game Description)
"Taciturn, intimidating, and unshakeable. You take a methodical approach to problems, never rush things, and seldom show cracks in your calm veneer. You appreciate the simple things in life and have a lot of self-control, but you're a loner by nature as you feel most at peace when on your own." (Personality Evaluation)
In addition to these base stats, the Stand itself gives a bonus of Power +2, Durability +1, and Speed +1.
With a base Power stat of 245 at level 50, this Stand is the strongest out of any party member's, surpassing even Star Platinum's 232. To balance this, Red Garland has comparatively low accuracy, speed, and defense, as well as much fewer (M) and (L) attacks to balance out its moveset. This makes its usefulness very situational.
The recommended Tactics for Red Garland is "Fight Normally". Red Garland's low Durability means that the boost to Attack isn't worth the debuffs.
Red Garland's normal attack is physical, short-range, has a basic hit rate of 80%, has a critical rate of 15%, and has a 15% chance of inflicting Berserk, Confuse, or Fear.
|Name||SP cost||Level learned||Effect|
|Cardiac Massage||5||1||Revives an ally from K.O.|
|Stone Toss||1||1||Inflicts physical damage on one enemy.|
|Bombardment||6||1||Attacks 1 enemy with a barrage of punches / (S) +BlowBack|
|Red Garland||10||3||Damages one enemy with a spirit-shattering punch (S) / +Berserk, Fear|
|Mach Rush||12||6||Inflicts severe damage on one enemy with a barrage of punches (S) / + BlowBack|
|Red Garland 2||15||8||Inflicts severe damage on one enemy with a spirit-shattering punch (S) / +Berserk, Confuse|
|Desperation Attack||3||9||Strong attack on all enemies that has a low success rate (S)|
|Red Garland 3||26||15||Inflict super-severe damage on one enemy with spirit-shattering punches (S) / +Berserk, Fear, Sleep, CantFind|
|Crusher Volley||22||19||Tosses stones to inflict severe physical damage + Dizzy one one enemy|
|Berserk Rush||24||20||Cripplingly damages one enemy with punches (S) / + BlowBack|
|Rush Attack||10||30||Charges at the enemy and damages them (M) / + Fear|
|Push It To The Limit||100||45||Buffs all stats, restores HP, and cures status effects|
|Red Garland Requiem||150||50||Damages one enemy + SP & stats down / chance to inflict all possible status effects (80% hit rate)|
|Double Lariat||30||*1||Severe damage on all enemies (S) / + Dizzy, BlowBack (80% hit rate)|
|Red Gale||25||*2||Inflicts Wind damage on a single enemy. (M)|
|Red Gleam||50||*3||Inflicts intense damage on all enemies. (M)|
|Red Burst||99||*4||Inflict crippling damage on all enemies. (M)|
- 1 - Double Lariat is learned in Singapore if you join Jotaro in the battle against Rubber Soul and succeed in defeating him in the cable car.
- 2 - Red Gale can be learned by staying in the hotel with Abdul if your level is 10 or higher.
- 3 - Red Gleam can be learned by staying in the hotel with Abdul if your level is 20 or higher.
- 4 - Red Burst can be learned by staying in the hotel with Abdul if your level is 30 or higher and Abdul's FP is 25 or higher.
|Ready, Set, Overkill||Polnareff|
- Cannot answer the student on the school's second floor about horror movies.
- Joining Jotaro for the Yellow Temperance fight and winning it will grant access to the Double Lariat skill.
- Negates the damage from the truck on the west side of town.
- Gives extra dialogue during the car ride at the beginning of the area.
In short, a "silent powerhouse". A Stand modeled after Jotaro, a typical short-range power type. Since the user's nature is to "psychologically shake their opponent", the Stand was made based on this characteristic. And it simply gets stronger and stronger.
- During Joseph and Polnareff's endings, which take place 10 years after the events of the game, if the Playable Character has Red Garland as a stand, they will become a freelance reporter. During the after credits scene in Joseph's ending, the Playable Character, Jotaro and Joseph will be discussing how to find the serial killer plaguing Morioh, while in Polnareff's post credit scene, Polnareff and the Playable Character witness a young policeman being bought out by a criminal (it is implied the policeman is Leone Abbachio). In addition, the Playable Character will mention having moved to Morioh years ago in Joseph's ending while in Polnareff's they are merely on vacation..
- Red Garland Requiem's power is to "ruin someone's soul".
- The official opinion on the much-discussed point "It's strange that it's a requiem without an arrow". Requiem is the energy that controls the "souls of living things" (from the original work, vol. 62, p. 128) It is the result of Red Garland's ability of mental interference being pushed as far as it could go, just like how Star Platinum stopped time by letting its speed go as far as it could. The definition of Requiem is only "the energy that controls the soul of a living being" ("the power that controls the spirit of all living things" according to Polnareff). In other words, Requiem is not manifested only by arrows. Red Garland, due to the specialized nature of his ability, has consequently "reached a glimpse of Requiem". (Clayman's statement on Red Garland Requiem)
- The stand's namesake musician, Red Garland, is known for the album On Green Dolphin Street, which Stone Ocean's Green Dolphin Street Prison is named after.
- According to Clayman, Red Garland represents the Enneagram type 8w9.
- According to Clayman, the user of Red Garland is a parallel to Jotaro.